Wednesday 8 October 2008

Nina Kinert


Earlier i have mentioned Nina Kinert as Ane Bruns friend and sidekick, and that is true. What is also true is that Nina doesn't need to be someones sidekick, she shines brightly on her own. On Sunday night me and my friends went to see Ane Brun for the second time in 6 months, and of course Nina was there. She was the supporting act in the beginning and totally blew me away with her new songs. With an impressively well rehearsed band including two (sometimes three) brilliant drummer/percussionists it was pure joy to see them live.

Nina made her breakthrough with her song Through Your Eyes in a Saab commercial but has been making music for years before that. Even though Nina is young (24) and beautiful as a dream, she has proved to be more than a pretty face. The latest album is very good and sometimes really impressive, it sticks out in a crowd of Swedish female vocalists this year. Do yourself a favor and look her up when you have the chance, it might be the best thing you've done this week :)

"I have released three albums. My third one is called PETS&FRIENDS. I play music. I write songs. I'm a musician ::: But i'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her. Just like Julia Roberts."
Nina (on Myspace)

---
Check out her Myspace and Official Website for more information!
---